Thank you so much to http://beingchelle.wordpress.com/ who was kind enough to nominate me for the Liebster Award. I got nominated I think a little while ago but I had no idea that there was more than needed to be done. So, super special thank you to Being Chelle to having more info and an explanation for me. 🙂
While you’re at it, check out her blog, it’s pretty awesome!
“The Liebster award is awarded to bloggers with under 200 followers to try to promote their blog a little and also bring together a community of bloggers. The rules of the competition are as follows:
The nominated user must provide a link back to the person who nominated them.Provide 11 facts about yourself Answer 11 question set by the person who nominated you Choose 11 more people and ask them 11 questions!
I’ll start with the tough part; volunteering random things about me that you may or may not find interesting. Haha.
1. I’m Trinidadian by birth but have Guyanese parents. I represent both countries equally and love them dearly.
2. I currently live in New York.
3. I enjoy cooking. I feel like it’s the epitome of nurturing.
4. I collect journals. I rarely write in them. I just like the variety of cover materials, styles and even paper/pages.
5. I LOVE spicy food.
6. I have Celiac Disease: I can not process gluten a protein found in wheat. (It doesn’t suck as much as it sounds)
7. I enjoy anime. The cultural immersion and the character development never ceases to amaze me.
8. Playing video games with my Husband counts as quality time and while I’m okay at modern day games; old school games force me to respect those of you that have been playing since Sega. (Late in life gamer)
9. Action Movies. Comic Books. Anti-Heroes. Yes to all of the above.
10. I have a passion for the supernatural. Particularly how it is interpreted by different cultures. I’m always willing to be consumed by culture; supernatural discussions give me a great in.
11. My cat. He’s awesome. He’s fat, but you can’t tell him…he’s sensitive.
Now for the fun part – Questions from BeingChelle.
1. What’s the first thing you think about in the morning?
Did we feed the cat yet?
2. What is your favorite type of food?
Caribbean Indian Food but anything well prepared and seasoned will do. Bland food is criminal
3. If the internet didn’t exist and you couldn’t blog, what would you be doing?
I’d probably be filling the journals I collect with all the clutter in my head. I’m willing to bet I’d be more social as well but…we’ll never know. *hides under covers*
4. What is your favorite memory?
The first time I cliff jumped. The combination of fear, boldness and sheer adventure is something that always makes me smile.
5. What are your hobbies?
Reading, Culture Studies, Reddit, Gaming and Reading.
6. When was the last time you tried something new?
Two weeks ago. I tried a bold lip color after a weak foray into lipsticks that only consisted of nude, almost lip balm like colors. Now, it’s my favorite color. Wore it tonight.
7. What is happiness to you?
My family and friends gathered over good food, drinks and mutual love.
8. What is the meaning behind your blog name?
Angirach: It’s a combination of my initials of my first, middle, maiden and married names.
Lux: Means “light” in latin. It’s a personal motto of mine; it’s an aspiration – to not only illuminate and expand my mind but to be a light unto others in any way that I can.
9. Do you speak any other languages?
I’m almost positive that “creole” english from the caribbean doesn’t count so I’ll say No. But I’m almost fluent in Spanish and I’ve been working on rebuilding my Hindi.
10. What is your favourite film?
This is an impossible question to answer. I’ll give you a few: Triangle, Butterfly Effect, The Other Guys, Expendables, The Raid 2, IP Man, Anchorman, Identity…I’ll just stop here.
11. What was the last item you purchased?
Death in the Andes – Mario Vargas Llosa
Thank you so much not only to BeingChelle but to my old followers and new friends. Also, thank you to all of the bloggers participating in the zerotohero blogging 101 challenge as well for their input to help me with my growth! You rock!!