This is why we’re here….

I came, I saw, I read and now I’m trying to write would be the best way to sum it up but summation won’t work here.

I recently deleted my “About Me” Pages; it was timely not only for this assignment but for the metamorphosis I would like to document on my blog.

I’ve been a blogger for a long time, but not for longer than I’ve aspired to write. The reasons have changed, the drive and passion has changed but that is one constant. I’m not a visual artist; visual creativity boggles my mind and while it’s more appealing to me sometimes; I can’t deny that I have no talent or skill for it. Writing has always been my strong point.

The issue that I’m having now; as an amateur writer and self-proclaimed bibliophile is that I feel like it has forced me into this one dimensional space with my blog. I aspire to create a space here that accurately reflects all of my interests, hobbies and passions; of course, reading and writing will be at the forefront but I feel like I’ve cheated myself of wholeness here.

I hope that with these realizations and my periodic feelings of bravery that I will share more of myself and further the idea that bloggers who happen to be women can write about varied topics, have a genuine love for many things and reconcile that in one place.

I’m open to new experiences, new ideas and to a new me.  There is a possibility that the followers I have gained over the years who know me for my writing / writing prompts and general book updates will be less interested in my blog but that won’t supersede the feeling of accomplishment I’ll have when I feel as whole on paper as I’m starting to feel in my day to day life.

It’s been tough but growing pains generally are for the better.  I’m here to grow and I’d like to find like-minded people along the way. See you soon.

Advertisements

11 Comments Add yours

1. sidsorin says:

Any more minimalist and you’d have a blank page! But I love it. This layout ABSOLUTELY FORCES people to read what you wrought! There’s nothing at all to distract them.

ss

1. Asiaelle says:

Haha. I changed the theme after doing today’s assignment and having someone recommend it. I love the minimalist look but unless I can figure out some customization, I may have to switch back to my earlier choice. It had slightly more color and broke up the page a bit.

Thank you for taking the time to comment.

2. janelorraine says:

I look forward to following you on your journey! Staying open is definitely key to any new change. Blessing to you during your transition for the site!

1. Asiaelle says:

Thank you so much!

3. sidsorin says:

Yeah I’m finding that to be a problem with the Suits theme I’m using. I tried a post with all the various formats, i.e. video, quote, link, and none of them looked any different.

4. Chelle says:

Great theme choice, your blog definitely looks more brighter!

I have recently been nominated for the Liebster award which allows me to nominate bloggers of my choice. I really like your blog and you are one of my nominees. Here is a link to the rules for this award: http://beingchelle.wordpress.com/2014/04/25/liebster-award/

1. Asiaelle says:

Thank you so much! I will definitely fill this out as soon as I get to a computer.

1. Chelle says:

No worries 🙂

5. Writing is life and life includes things that don’t necessarily seem to be related to writing. As writers, we know better. Every laugh we share, smile we give, and ray of sun to touch our skin can inspire a stanza or an entire story. Write what you want on your blog and themes will develop naturally.